CURRENTLY: DECEMBER EDITION

Watching: Once Upon A Time. I bought the first season on DVD when it was on sale at Target the day after Christmas. My roommate and I started watching it last year, but my mom hasn't seen it yet, so we started watching two episodes per day starting Wednesday. I love getting her hooked on new TV shows.

Listening to: Imagine Dragons' Night Visions. I have had this album on repeat for almost a month - minus the time I spent listening to Christmas music. My brother introduced me to the band's music a few months ago and I immediately became a fan. My favorite tracks are "Radioactive", "Demons", "Every Night", and "Bleeding Out". Have a listen on Amazon or iTunes. (You can also listen to the whole thing for free on Spotify!)

Working on: brainstorming content for my blog for 2013! I came up with a few one-time ideas for posts, but I am currently working on potential weekly features. So far, I have come up with doing a "Currently" post once or twice a month. I am thinking about a weekly "Must Haves" series (example: "Must Haves... For A Rainy Day" or "Must Haves... For A Long Plane Ride"). Nothing is set in stone just yet, but I think it could be fun. Also, I have seen a few series related to survival tips and I thought it might be fun to try something like that (maybe "Survival Tips For Students" with a bunch of fun, more creative tips instead of the standard "always bring 3+ pencils to an exam" advice... even though that is really good advice).

Indulging in: my shopping addiction. Here are a few of the things I am hoping to add to my shopping cart this weekend: the softest hoodie ever, v-neck tees (in white and pale blue), a few bottles of nail polish, and these lenses and this tripod since I am going to continue with my iPhonography until I save enough money to buy a DSLR. I am also lusting after this "Hello" pullover and I really want the Gracie bag from Jo Totes, but I am resisting (...for now).

Reading: Exploring Leadership by Susan Komives. I am co-teaching a leadership course this semester and this is the textbook for the class. I need to read all 500+ pages before the semester begins in mid-January, so I thought I might switch things up and start reading it ahead of time instead of three days before I start teaching. I am only two pages in after sitting down with it for half an hour, so it isn't too likely that I will be successful with this whole "not saving it until the last minute" thing, but hey, at least I tried!

Obsessing over: Reading My Tea Leaves and Nat the Fat Rat! I follow @dottiedee on Instagram and she mentioned that she was reading RMTL, so I clicked the link and looked through it for a couple of hours yesterday morning. It is such a lovely blog that I have fallen completely in love with. I particularly enjoy her survival tips for life in a tiny apartment series. Then I found a link for Natalie's blog through RMTL last night. I am only a few pages in and I already love her and her adorable family. This post had me tearing up by the time I got to the sugar cookie recipe at the end.

Anticipating: the new year! I know it's a little cliché, but I love the idea of starting fresh when January 1st arrives. I am really looking forward to putting together my New Year's Eve post with a list of my resolutions, my one little word for 2013, and a few other fun things.

What are you currently up to?

Inspired by the currently posts at Sometimes Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Your article is very helpful.Everyday your blog inspire me a lot and helped to develop something new like I have developed a new app : how to login spotify premium apk this is great and enjoyable.Thanks for the awesome posts , please keep updated regularly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...